Certified ISO 27001 Implementation Course
ISMS Lead Implementer (5 days)
ISO 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) Implementation course teaches students the necessary steps of information security management system implementation as specified in ISO 27001. This intensive five day course provides students with useful knowledge to ISMS implementation according to the ISO 27001 standard.
The course is based on the ISO 27003 standard "Security Techniques - Information Technology (in development)". The course is conceived specifically for those who wish to understand the ISMS implementation steps according to the criteria of the ISO 27001: 2005 standard. The students equally acquire the essential knowledge to provide necessary help to other individuals and organizations that desire to conform to the standard. The training is also aligned with best practices in regards to project management according to the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the International Project Management Association (IPMA) as well as the ISO 10006 standard, "Guidelines for quality management in project" .
|Prerequisites:||Understanding of TCP/IP protocols|
|Instructor:||Highly qualified Information Security Manager instructors, actively involved in the ISO 2001 Audit|
Method of Evaluation: 1. 95 % attendance 2. 100 % completion of Lab
Grading: Pass = 95% Attendance and 100% Completion of Labs and Practical
Fail => 95% Attendance and > 100% Completion of Labs and Practical
Learning Level: Basic Auditor to Advanced
ISO 27001-ISMS Lead Implementer (5 days)
The ISO 27001 - ISMS Lead Implementer course informs participants about the steps required for the implementation of a management system as specified in ISO 27001:2005. This intensive five-day course provides students with a knowledge of the steps required for the implementation of an ISMS in accordance with the requirements of the ISO 27001 standard. The course is in line with the best practices in project management as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as well as the ISO 10006 standard, "Guidelines to quality in project management".
Day 1 : ISMS initiation
- Introduction to management systems
- Presentation of ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 standards
- Fundamental Principles of Information Security
- Preliminary analysis
- Project management
Day 2 : Plan
- Risk analysis
- Statement of applicability
Day 3 : Do
- Document management program
- Controls and processes design
- Controls implementation
- Formation, awareness and communication
- Incidents management
- Operation Management
Day 4 : Check, Act and certification audit
- Metrics and dashboards
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Continual improvement
- Certification audit
Day 5 : Examination
- 3-hour examination leading to certification as an ISO 27001 - ISMS Lead Implementer. The training and examination are in the process of being certified by RABQSA, a US certification body.
- The ISMS Foundation course or basic knowledge of the ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 standards is recommended
General information :
- Maximum number of students: 20
- A copy of the ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 standards will be provided to participants.